Return to Website

Cambridge Hornets Forum

Welcome to the Cambridge Hornets Forum discussing Senior Hockey in Ontario and across Canada

Cambridge Hornets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can Someone Answer This Question?

So is it suppose to be Four on Four or Five on Five in OT?

Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

5-5

Re: Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

It is such a pity that the referees in the league don't know this basic rule. I believe most games have been played 4 on 4.

Christopher proved once again a game can be spoiled by poor officiating. Last night will not go down in the anals of great hockey, but it had its moments. The penalty calls, or lack thereof, were questionable at best, but quite possibly one of the best open ice hits of the year was penalized. Steve Rice did a textbook body check -- glided into the man and put his shoulder down and into him and sent him to the ice -- a piece of art! Yet, Chrisptopher called it a charge for some unknown reason. Makes one shake their heads.

Anyway, there is not much one can do from the stands, but just having to say, well the refs suck and that is part of this league. Hopefully it can be addressed for the playoffs.

Good luck to the boys tonight in Brantford. Two points would make a big difference in the standings.

Re: Re: Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

I do agree that there were many questionable calls going to both teams...especially the booting of one Grant Ledyard. However the call against Rice was a good call as he left his skates in the hit. Referees know what to look for in a clean hit. They wouldn't be a Referee in Sr. A hockey and be a level 5 or 6 if they didn't.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

Mr. Obvious, or is that Mr. Blast? Please cheer on your team, but try to be a little biased, or you will not be taken seriuosly.

If you saw Rice leave his feet, your positioning must have better than the rest of the folks in the rink. It was a good check -- plain & simple. His cross check a few minutes earlier was not a great penalty to take -- it was unnecessary and gave the Balst another powerplay.

Your questioning why Ledyard got booted is very simple. He chirped at the ref and probably used one of the terms that will get you booted. After awhile they will toss you, no matter of your resume. He whined all night at both the refs and the opponsition. It is too bad that a guy who had a solid NHL career feels that he is an untouchable in this league. Every time he gets hit there is a whack a curse and retaliation. Rick Vaive did the same thing last year. All it does is make them look small and unprofessional.

As for your outlook on the refs, they have been brutal all year and most seem to be in over their heads. Just because you have a certain level, does not mean you can handle the situation. This is a league of men playing a fast game, unlike many of the Jr. games they officiate where it is slower and played by boys. A better level of hockey should have a better level of reffing, but that unfortunately is not the case in this league.

Cheer on your team, but try to remember it is a two way street.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

Let me guess. Ledyard deserved his penalty but snotnose Rice didn't. Let me guess, the NHL players on every other team whine and retaliate and complain, but not the one on Cambridge(Zezel,Rice,Dionne). Give me a break. Step outside your little itty bitty tiny world and think about what you are saying.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

Where did Torchia go after he got yanked anyway - didn't see him on the bench

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

Went to get some oxygen

the guy is not in game shape

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Can Someone Answer This Question?

Attention: MR. 4U2No

Let me lower myself and answer your post.

Ledyard prabably yapped too much personally at the ref, thus got booted. Therefore, he would have desrved the misconduct penalty.

Steve Rice (his first name is not snotnose), deserved his cross checking penalty. In my opinion, and most observers at hand beleived it to be a non-penalty and thus a bad call. By the way I was sitting with Brantford fans at the time and they too thought it was a bad call.

What I wrote was that Ledyard whined all night, similar to Rick Vaive did last season, which does not make them look in the best light. Many players "b" and whine during games regardless of their background. You be the judge of the actions of the ex-pros and non ex-pros as you see fit.

I will now step back into my little itty bitty tiny world, as you call it, and allow you to come back on this board and pick fights and take personal stabs at players and fans whom who do not know. It is good to see that Doug has taken off some posts today that have your insensitive and natsy comments on.