Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The end of the "Zydeco and Cajun" Grammy?

I would say that already this year these are three VERY Grammy-worthy releases in Cajun/Creole music: Amede Ardoin complete recordings on Tompkins Square, Jesse Lege-Joel Savoy and Country Revival on Valcour, and Acadian All-Star Special (French recordings by J.D. Miller) on Bear Family. One of them may even win the Grammy when pitted against the other genres we are now lumped together with.

Re: The end of the "Zydeco and Cajun" Grammy?

I am interested in the JD Miller release. Neal do you have a link?
Le Piquant

Link to Acadian All Star Special, compilation of J.D. Miller's French records after WWII

http://www.amazon.com/Acadian-Star-Special-Various-Artists/dp/B004TCPWAS

There's an error on Disc 3. It left off St. Landry Waltz by Austin Pitre, which was mislabeled St. Landry Two Step on the actual record.

The description seems to have left out the fact that the 3 cds come with an 80 page hard bound book of photos, discography, and research essay, including interviews with some of the musicians or their survivors. Important fact to leave out!

Re: Link to Acadian All Star Special, compilation of J.D. Miller's French records after WWII

Thanks Neal, I looked at the songs on the cd's and I didn't see anything that was really rare. I wished they could have included more Robert Bertrand. I will look at it again, I will more than likely purchase this to put in my collection. Stuff I actually paid for.
Le Piquant

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!