Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Rusty Sanner's 'Heritage' accordion. Thumbs WAY up

Hey Jim..that's a visually rich looking accordion...warm tones in the wood, a real nice balance of features. If it plays responsively and with minimal bellows action then, hey, you're ahead before you start...

Got me curious..why key of C#?..what make of reeds?...and, can you post a short clip of the sound sometime..I'm keen to hear .

Darryl.

Congrats Jim!! It looks **** smart !!
Have you placed your order for a G# already ??

Re: Rusty Sanner's 'Heritage' accordion. Thumbs WAY up (w/video)

Darryl-

I got a Csharp because I don't really have anyone to please with any specific keys... In Maryland, nobody is really playing this music (there used to be a shy few). I might as well use all money that I could have used for a wife and kid, and put it towards something that will never let me down [:))

I've been playing this thing for almost 10 hours, since I unpacked it.

Here's a drunken vid I made an hour ago, at around 5 am.

I can't put this thing down. It's amazing

I love it - great job Rusty.

Beautiful is all I can say. And Jim, even after an all nighter, you still kick ass on that thing. You have got to get down here to La. and play live for us.

David I agree with you Jim is a great player no matter what the hour or his state of mind. By the way Jim who is Christopher Fox. I gather he is no longer with us.

Dave- thanks my man! I'd sure love to come hang with ya'll down there soon.

Randy- Chris Fox was a really good friend who passed, last year. One of the wisest and kindest souls I have ever known. He could make an instrument out of just about anything.

Thank you for the kind words.

Wow. Beautiful accordion with a sound to die for. Great playing Jim and I love those licks you threw in there. Gonna steal them.

Jim, looks great and sounds great....
Chuck from Kentucky

sound very good! I hesitate between my Swallow in C and an used Heritage in the key of D...I finally choose the Swallow just for money (a bit less expensive) and because I wanted a C as my first cajun box, but I was said that the Heritage was awesome, and I am agree with that after hearing it playing (check youtube Nout Grupstra channel playing Beaumont rag with it! may he still selling it if you want!)

Hey Jim, send me your email....
Chuck

I like that combination a lot. Bien faite, Rusty. And awesome playing, Jim.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!