Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting Those CDs

The thread about favorite CDs is getting a bit long, but there are a lot of great "favorite" CDs mentioned.

About the CDs by Jason Frey/Courtney Granger and Al Berard/Jason Frey, there is also another one - Daigle-Frey Affair. All of those CDs were originally made independently by the artists to sell at Augusta. Later, Fred Charley released them on his Acadian label.

It may be a bit late for some, but a real good place to buy Cajun CDs, including the three above, is Dee's Cajun Gifts and Music in Eunice. Dee is Fred's wife, and they have a good stock of Cajun CDs (and also Zydeco). The price is good, the service quite friendly, and you can express your opinions to the owner of the Acadian label. And if you order them from Fred, the shipping charges are much more reasonable than Floyd's.

The phone number for Dee's in Eunice is 337-457-1786. Their store is just down the block from the KBON office.

And in addition to the two mentioned in the "favorite recordings" thread, I also like the one by Paul Daigle and Jason Frey. If Fred doesn't have them any longer, ask him to make them available again.

Jack Bond

Re: Getting Those CDs

I think I saw the other day that Dee's is closed down.
The store was empty.

Well, thank you for that information - I did not know that. Heck, I always thought that his and Dee's store was an institution. Has he discontinued his Acadian record company also? I always made it a point to go see him when I was in Louisiana. We had a lot of great conversations talking about Cajun music. While talking, I also bought a lot of recordings from him - real Cajun music.

What's the world coming to - I will miss going to see him, just like I miss going to Mitch and Lisa Reed's store, The Music Machine, and Raccoon Records...

At least I know that the plate lunch will endure.

Yes. Unfortunately, Dee's closed shortly after Mardi Gras.

Fred said that online sales and digital downloads were killing CD sales.

I don't know if Fred is still operating his studio/record label.

It's sad, regardless.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!