Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sidney Brown Accordion

I am looking to buy back my very first Cajun Accordion. It was a Sydney Brown and it was built around 1979-80. It was black with a scotch tape diamond on the bellows. I sold it to a man in Church Point, I think his name was Dave Cormier. I heard he passed away. I lost touch with him and the accordion. If you know the whereabouts of this accordion I would sure love to buy it back since it was my very first. Contact either myself or Jr. Martin. Thanks!!

Joe Rogers
acadian21@aol.com

Re: Sidney Brown Accordion

Wow, good luck with that! Sidney Brown accordions are such a significant piece of cajun music history being that he was the 1st to build accordions locally.

Yes, I didn't realize it at the time. The accordion plays nowhere near as good as the newer ones, which is why I sold it years ago. But it is not the historical value I am interested in. It is the sentimental value that means the most to me. It was my very first box.

Also, it was in the Key of C.

Thanks!!!

Joe Rogers

You may have some luck with your detective work by talking/contacting Briggs Brown's father..he is Sidney's son, I believe.. Guess you can contact him through Briggs Brown web site/Myspace or whatever....good luck.

Darryl

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!