Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Roland FR 18 live

Thought this site and tech. info. was interesting.

http://www.themusicroom-online.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/4780

In Australia we pay over $1000 more for the Roland than you guys in the USA ( man, you guys get stuff SO cheap over there, music gear, clothes, cars, fuel, etc. )..and our dollars about the same..UK pounds price? refer web site..not sure how that price compares.

Think I'll check with Roland Australia for Service Support capabilities..that's extremely important!..don't want to be stranded with an instrument that suddenly won't work and nobody knows how to fix !

BTW..knowing that an FR-18 would cost somewhere between $1800 and $2800, what would you pay for, say, a, new Dino Baffetti 9 switch with internal pick ups?..and who would sell them in the USA?

I've also read that the DBs are quite heavy in that 9 switch configuration...another reason to go Roland if you can get the performance out of it.

Check out Liberty Bellows in Philly on line. They have a 9 switch Fantini in GCF at a ridiculously low price. Anyone who wants a real triple row should jump on this one.

Sounds *very* good to me!

--bn

Thanks Big. and thanks for keeping the board up and for the teaching vids.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!