Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: backup accordions

No C Box David...? any reason just for interest?

The lack of a C box is largely an accident of history. My D Acadian was my first "real" accordion, following my Hohner HA-114 by 10 months. Since the Hohner was in C, I decided to get the Acadian in D.

At the same time that I bought the Acadian, I also bought the Guerrini triple row. (mid 1991)

But that was at the time that Zydeco was transitioning to Bb boxes, which was what I bought after the Acadian. The Master Bb has been my primary single row axe since that time.

I did eventually buy another Acadian in C from someone on this board. But it's so nice and purty, that I never wanted to have it violated by the rigors of taking it on the road. Indeed, it is lacking a mic to this day.

OK..makes sense.....yeah, my Master C, Binci reeds, is in need of a good service, but it's as tough as old boots and old Mr. Charlie built them strong...I guess he had to with people like Beau Jocque pumping the blazes outa them.
It doesn't look as nice as my Bon Temps but hey, it's a workhorse.

I fitted an internal mic following instructions given to me by Greg Mouton...never been a problem.

My Bon Temps Bb is a gem...real nice build and sounds great with the brighter Salpa reeds.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!