Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Did JLM disappear on May 21st??

JB, yes "cul" is st. French (maybe also in some parts of Louisiana (?), but most of the time it's "tchu" in Cajun French).

"Embrasse mon cul", as an insult, does not exist in France. Its equivalent is "va chier" (literally "go s h i t"). Both are located in the same region.
But I suppose it is perfectly understood by Louisiana French speakers since it's the literal translation of an English expression.

Christian

JB no hug was not what I was looking for more of a kiss was the intent

M*rde! "embrasse mon cul" ...
Those internet translators really suck!

the real way to say that cajun is Bec mon chu or an equivalent and favorite of my grandfather mange la *****. I have never, ever heard embrasse mon cul. that sounds like something a tourist would say

Proper Enghlisghsj can be difficult too:

- Nout

I'm sure it varies widely by region, but I would guess than any form of "kiss my a s s" would be an Americanism in French. The main one I remember hearing to be used in this circumstance was "va la m e r d e, tcheu".

Amanda Lafleur's book "Tonnere Mes Chiens" has a lot fo these sayings, one for every occasion.

Ah, family business? PS i wonder what JLM would say on this whole caboose; if he turned lurker his typing fingers must be slightly itching by now .... - Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!