Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hidee-Ho

wow, i have missed you so much!

roger

HayyoOOO RAHD-djehrrrr!

Bout 2005 i quit smoking and i associated accordion playing with it so much i gave that up at the same time. i kicked it by doing a frozen beer slushee every hour and a half for about 2 years. finally worked...

been smoke free for 5.5 years now -- figured it was safe to take up accordion again. started playing in the house too, seems that other family members can tolerate it now.

Say you still a-maken your own mix ceedees?

thanks for the kind word - i missed you too bruddah. fiddle comen alawng okay?

I bought Terry and the Zydeco bad boys Creole to the Core - i think he plays a bee-flat because i can get about half the riffs on my cee box and then it gits rill hard. is that what you think?

i also bought Kings of Zydeco Vol III with lyrics in German only ... what a nice surprise... i never knew Boozoo was actually saying

Ich fand ein Papier in meinem Schuh

also bought Zydeco Trail Ride with Boozoo Chavis

searching for the one-row zydeco groove - any suggestions?

Balfa Toujours (left the last one in a rental car - had to buy another one)

Mama, I'll be long gone (all 34 Amede Ardoin recordings on two ceedeez)

kee pawn keepen awwwn!

Hey dare Meestare BooofRaw!

Nice to hear from you. I was thinking about you a couple weeks ago and wondering what you were up to.

Sounds like things are good for you. Do you ever make those treks out to San Diego any more? If so, let me know next time you come out.

Me, I'm good. My new band lineup is very good, and the band is really taking off this year. We are booked at the top 3 S. Cal. CZ festivals this summer. Gator By the Bay was a couple weeks ago, then there's the Bayou Fest. in June and the Crawfish Fest. in July - both in Long Beach.

The naval oranges were great this year. We still have some fresh ones, since we take our time with the picking. The plum tree died a couple years ago :(, and the peaches haven't kicked in yet (not for another month or so).

-David

Hayy David

Nice to hear from you. sorry about the plum tree - that was the best one i ever saw.

good to hear the new band is going well. you deserve a good stretch at this game... every time i hear lacassine special i remember when you showed it to me - still buzzes me out how you got the timing and vocals working with just an accordion.

Do you know what kind (key) box terry domingue plays on Creole to the Core? I can't figure out why all the notes aren't on my C accordion. better ask a pro before i try again...

Will be in San Derango soon - will call. you got-nee bidness there comen up? maybe time to recalibrate the triangulator gizmos?

I'll be in better touch for a while.

later my man - eat more peaches, everybody!

Hello Joel/BuFraw. Nice to hear from you again. Your accent has not changed.
I have given up practicing on the accordion now, but not listening to the music.

Christian

Christian, just pick up for an hour a month or so. You will want to play again eventually so make it easy on yourself.

Good to hear from you, Vieux ami!

Welcome back.

BuFrawwwwwww!!!!!

Hidee Ho back at ya...

Life is good, I still live in that little drinking village with a fishing problem.

Keep your head down and stick on the ice.

Peace

Hay that sounds like where i live! except we get ice from the truck...

Peas unto you too bruddah...

thanks, Gianni! Hope you still got the chops!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!