Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Madame Boso

http://www.npmusic.org/AlpheeShirleyBergeron_MadameBoso.mp3

Is that a steel guitar?

Re: Madame Boso

I love that song.

Not a steel, that is a regular (electric?) guitar.

Dowell

Yeah, it even sounded like you playing.

Definitly an electric .. you can hear the "hammer-ons".

It sounds like a single coil pick-up, maybe a Fender
guitar. I'd guess the "neck-pickup" is on because
it sounds to bassey to be the "bridge-pickup".

It may be a semi-acoustic like a Gibson ES-220 series ..

But, it is not a steel guitar.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell what color guitar it is

--bn

Re: Cajun Steel Guitar

Dwight are you recording a solo cajun album ? if so you should give us a sneak peak of one of the tracks !! Just wondering cause everytime you post its about a different instrument and how you can play it (a good thing in my opinion).

Re: Cajun Steel Guitar

Christian,

I should keep my mouth shut and let you think I'm great. I can't play lap steel yet. I have a cheap one, and thought maybe I could bop some chords in the background as filler for something else, and maybe do some really simple noodling.

I play button box, fiddle and washboard. I'm probably semi-pro on rubboard. At least I used to get paid to play it.

On box I'm intermediate (which is an awfully soft target). On fiddle, I can play with better rhythm than the box, but I play simplistically. I'm taking fiddle lessons now. Found a teacher that intrigues me.

I don't currently have the right hand dexterity for picking guitar. Never did have it. Which is why fiddle is good for me. The dexterity required on fiddle is in my left hand, and I'm left handed.

I have some recordings up on myspace, but they're pretty amateurish, and I'm sure that most people on here play better than me.

I do have a hankering to play the blues though. And I can fingerpick on some stringed instruments if the strings are arranged in a curved profile, like on a fiddle.

I was at a violin shop on Saturday, took a 1/2 size cello across my knee like a guitar, and started finger picking some blues scales on it. No bow, no frets, just ear and fingers. It was fun, sliding into everything. Don't know that anyone would have wanted to listen to me!

So, yes, I do intend to do some tracks that are totally me, but, I wouldn't hold high hopes for how good they'll be, at least not anytime soon. Just more a motivation for me to keep learning.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!