Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Hurricane" on the Roland Fr 18

Appreciate your feedback.....

I'm planning to look/touch/feel one at a local suppliers business shortly.
My co-band member is a Piano Accordion and Single row player so we might end up on a joint venture with this one given local cost is $2800 US....he's also very interested ,but he's recovering from a badly broken left wrist following a fall from a step ladder..so the walking wounded will do the best we can with our assessment of the Roland.
It's possible I guess that Roland will produce a MKII version one day but this initial production certainly has a lot going for it.

I think you've changed the Roland cover plate for that Hurricane song..that one looks classier IMHO.

It's a Mariachi player with a skull for a head and tatoo art for the rest. Oh yea it's Classy!!!!!!!!

LOL..coulda fooled me..it looks like a non-descript soft image...

I had a thought for Roland's MKII version....LCD/LED moving display on the cover plate...even advertising to off-set the cost of buying the Roland in the first place...NO..I think I've lost the plot, delete that....think I'll have a lie down .( I've spent 30 years in Marketing..can't help myself !! )

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!