Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: huh?

That was Blair Kilpatrick, author of "Accordion Dreams." She lives in the Bay area.

Oh you mean Blair - got it.

No, she won't be there. For one thing, this is an accordion event, not specifically just Cajun and Zydeco. Also, they seem to pull in local bands, and Blair lives hundreds of miles away.

Is she an accordion player or an author? What is her book about?
Chuck from Kentucky

She is both accordion player and author. Her book is about her journey to playing accordion and her mentor, Danny Poullard.

Her website is link 1.

Hello!

I somehow came across a link to this post through my website. Thanks for the mention.

I haven't checked out Bravenet in some time, I guess.

So here's an update:

Yes, I'm still in love with the Cajun accordion! Steve and I still have regular jams at our house in Berkeley--last one on Saturday. Andrew Carriere (Bebe's son) comes over regularly. He reminds me of my love for that old time Creole sound.

I'm still playing with my band Sauce Piquante. Our most recent gig was at Ashkenaz in Berkeley 2 nights ago.

I'm also working on a new book. And then there's the old day job. So, all in all, I stay busy. Probably why I haven't been on Bravenet much lately :-)

My very best to all.

Blair Kilpatrick
Berkeley, California

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!