Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buzz in a reed

I too had this problem with my "Bon Cajun" accordion. The buzz/rattle was on the bass side, top button, on the push. I sent it back to Larry Miller before he retired so that it could be repaired. It was eventually returned to me with a note stating that they could find no buzzing sound. I then removed it from the case and played it. The buzz/rattle was still there. So frustrating.

I just tried the advice of the earlier poster. I took it apart and noticed that one of the leather pieces wasn't flat like the others. It wasn't flush against the metal portion where the reeds are located. I carefully (it was glued) pulled that piece of leather off. Then I wet the leather, set it on my kitchen table, and pressed a flat piece of wood against it very hard for a while. I did this until the leather looked flat again. I then glued the leather back into place. Voila! No more buzz/rattle! Thank God! It was driving me crazy, lol. It's just a shame that I wasted my time & money in shipping it back to be repaired.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!