Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CFMA Nominations for Best Recordings

I have been trying to find out how to get two recordings that have been nominated by the CFMA for awards in several categories, but have had no luck. The two CDs are: "UnAutre ti Boute" by Buford Galley and the Jolly Playboys and "Our Heritage Our Heroes" by John Dale Hebert.

I have done numerous searches on the internet and have gotten references to some truly bizarre places, but have found nothing that provides any information on how to buy the two CDs. I did find out that Buford Galley died in July 2010, but not much else.

Assuming that the people who nominated these two CDs have actually listened to them, they must have copies; but I'm beginning to wonder how they got them. Pete Bergeron plays songs from both CDs on his radio show; so I'm pretty sure that he has copies. The songs that he plays sound good.

Nevertheless, I have not found how I can get copies of them. If anybody could tell me how to buy these CDs, I sure would appreciate it. I assumed that I could find something on the internet, but I haven't had any luck with that. It may be that others have tried to find them also; maybe they had more luck than I have.

Jack Bond

Re: CFMA Nominations for Best Recordings

Here's Pete's email is you want to ask him.

peteb70222@hotmail.com

Re: CFMA Nominations for Best Recordings

Have you tried Floyd's Record Shop, Ville Platte, La.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!