Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Baby She's Gone

Andre Thierry on an EAD triple with Stradella bass. This is played on the inside row in the key of E. Almost all on that row. You can't see his hands much but you can hear it. If you have a Roland put it in EAD. If not just work on getting that sound off of the inside row out of the D position. Almost any note on the pull works. If you have another key, just work on getting that lick out of the D position.. Hot Tamale Baby, Do it all Night etc. 3,5,7, pull, 3,6,push, 5,pull, 4,pull,3,pull

Re: My Baby She's Gone (Ooops)

Oops. Ok I was completely wrong. You can play it the way I said (easier I think)But it's a GCF. So he is playing it out of the E minor position on the middle row. Still the same Hot Tamale Baby, Do it all night lick discussed in a previous post. 8 push, 8 pull,7 pull,5 push, 4 push. So he is getting those other licks out of the E minor scale played on the pull on the 2nd and third rows. More technically difficult but then again, He is Andre and we're not. A great set of licks to learn though. Very applicable to a gazillion songs.

Re: My Baby She's Gone (Ooops)

Audio 's pretty bad and camera angle on buttons is spasmodic ..BUT..HEY, that's COOL !! Just love AT's playing..effortless !!...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!