Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lanse Grise #9

Jamey,

Congrats on the box.. simply beautiful.

And my compliments for having the huevos to order something of distinction rather than another cookie cutter box. Brian is builder who really has "it" in skill and in his heart, it's obvious in this box.
I believe this is a new standard for Cajun boxes.

Among those with some experience in other than Cajun made one rows, the Quebec builders stand out in their materials, design and workmanship as well as innovation. I have long thought that if the LA/Texas makers would get over themselves and take a look at what is out there from Quebec and from Italy, France. Norway,England; they just might elevate their offerings and extend their skills..

Brian has done just that and you are fortunate to have been there.

Bravo to you both .

Oh man! That is a fine looking box, Bryan.

Jamey, if it sounds like my #3 L'Anse Grise, you are gonna be really really happy.

That is a distinctive looking box. Congratulations to designer and builder.

However, after reviewing some of Bryan's other boxes, I think that look could have improved even more with some matching or contrasting exposed grain flappers.

I don't care what I said. That's a ****ed nice looking box. Any videos to hear the sound?

Yeah brother, I'm looking forward to hearing it!

a real beauty...pure and fine lines! Congrats to you for the stuff and to the future happy owner!

If it sounds as sweet as it looks ... well ... let's hear it!

Realy a beautiful accordion.
That's real box.

Congratulations to both Jamey and Bryan. I know this one wasn't easy, but together you've created something to be proud of.

Bryan, very good looking accordion...
I know it sounds as good as it looks and I'm sure Jamey will be happy with it...
Chuck from Kentucky

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!