Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I would personally like to take a 2x4 to the head of every person who.....

Yeah Dwight.....what is that?..some sort of mental block thing or weird relationship to left brain/ right brain that people have when they're behind a video /camera lens....
Who's a part time psychologist out there who can explain this quirk of humanity?

I also wondered why Andre Thierry is on some of his recent Youtubes standing at the extreme right side ( as you look at the band front on ) ..is that for the band's benefit, especially when he has a thrown together at the last minute band line-up, so they can see what he's up to?...
Guess for the likes of you and me Dwight, it would make for a fast getaway if the gig was bombing and we were adjacent the side exit door! LOL

Re: I would personally like to take a 2x4 to the head of every person who.....

I think there is some video rule of thumb about shooting from the right hand side, but, in this particular case, it makes NO sense. Unless you're only trying to capture the performance, and not the musicianship.

Rule of thumb.

D-
Someone is pulling your chain.

After spending five years in school studying film production I have never heard of that rule.

Regards,
-DP

Re: Rule of thumb.

well, I don't want to ad fuel to the fire, but a wise man once told me, "You hear music, you don't see it"

But you can see fingers more often than hear them. snap, snap.

I hate it when I'm right and can't prove it.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!