Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
collapsed left wrist & ipad 10 button app

oh how time catches up with you! thrown from a car 50 yrs. ago damaged my left wrist but have been able to compensate all these years despite the pain, finally some of the bones collapsed. now i have 3 shiny new screws, 4 pins and some hip bone all fixed in place tryin' to make things more better.

given that it has taken me so long to learn what little i've learned on the seductive little wooden box i'm looking for an alternative that will keep me sort-of playing during the months i'll be mending.

i'm wondering if anyone has had, or knows someone who has had, experience with the "Zydaccordion - Cajun/Zydeco One-Row Accordion for the iPad". in that i don't currently own an ipad, this would be a major expense and i just want to make sure i make the right decision.

thanks

john

Re: collapsed left wrist & ipad 10 button app

Y'all c'mon and help a brother out. John Fabac is as good as they come, and a dedicated accordion freak.

And if you're really nice to him, he'll show you where the elephant bit him . . .

Good luck, John, and get well soon!

John, I have this app on my iPhone. It works exactly as advertised. What I find it helpful for is the step between hearing a tune and playing it on the accordion...that stage where you might hum or whistle a tune, trying to get it into your head. But then it cost me 99c so not much of a decision.

Hi...enter search: iPad2 , in the box provided on the discussion board..some good stuff there.

Thanks for the info on the Zydaccordion iPad app, guys. Think I'll give it a go.

J

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!