Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I want to buy Cajun Accordions!

I'm looking to buy Cajun Accordions. Put "Cajun Accordion" in the subject of your message! If I don't respond for some reason (your message could get caught in the spam filter) just let me know here on the board.

Respond with your phone # and I will call you about purchasing them. I live in Maryland so if you are close, that's a plus!

Store? Reseller? end user? Spammer?

Are you looking to buy an accordion for your own use?
Are you looking to buy to resell?
Are you a store?

DP

Re: Store? Reseller? end user? Spammer?

I'm an end user, I collect musical instruments.

I'm looking for one for less than $1000. I got a response from someone who wants $1700 for one. I'm sure it's a nice one but that's way out of my price range.

I'm just a beginner Cajun Accordion player and am looking to find basic inexpensive ones. I would like to get as many keys as possible. I am a professional musician who plays guitar, harmonica, ukelele, mandolin, piano, and tambourine!

good luck finding a decent accordion under 1000. If you are a professional musician than you know that quality instruments cost a good chunk of money.

if you're looking for something cheap to learn on gabinelli or honer.

If you're considering getting several key boxes, consider doing the following:

Get a good first one, Louisiana handmade. Get the key that fits your vocals best if you're not going to be playing in jams with other cajun accordion players. If you will be jamming with other cajun players, get a key of C. This is what you would use at music camps, etc.

Learn to play that box first. Once you get your reflexes down, etc, etc, you will then be able to handle poorer quality boxes more easily.

If you start with a poor quality box, you probably will give up, and you'll never get your money back out of it. No one else will want the box. Not readily.

If you get a La. box, you can turn around and get nearly all your money back for it. Or, if you wait a couple of years and the prices go up on the new boxes, you can probably get your original buying price back by selling it for what you paid for it.

This JB ain't me, as I know better than to dream up such a request.

I would appreciate if you would pick another handle, irregardless of your initials.

Think I may sit out of this forum for awhile.

(the real)JB

I was wondering if you had moved from Texas to Maryland, and started a whole new life as a CA merchant. Very disturbing altogether.
I think this "phoney" JB should identify himself and choose a different nick, or be expelled completely from this board!!

And no use trying BJ, we already have one

Maybe we can all call ourselves JB, with an added number just to make sure everyone is accounted for ... - JB007

Real JB its probably JLM messing with your ass!!!!

Hey JB, I really didn't think that was you although I did wonder if you moved...
Chuck from Kentucky

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!