Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Early report from Fest Acadiens et Creole

Yeah, that reunion of McCauley, Reed, and Vidrine popped out at me when I read the schedule. Must have been really special!

Who was in Robert Jardell's band this year? Did you hear Jesse Legé and the Cajun Country Revival?

Keep posting some more about the festival!

I don't know of any, Brode, not sure what to look for. I did look on youtube for videos of them but couldn't find any. They do have a cd out and as soon as I find out how to get it I'll post it here. Was really kicking myself for not having my video camera with me.

Neal, also got to finally meet Jack Bond, which was a treat. I filmed the whole show of the reunion, it was great. I'll post some videos when I get it loaded and edited. I never caught Jesse Lege and Joel, even though they were on my want to list. I spent more time visiting than watching bands.

Yeah,the blue moon was great Bryan.I think the best part of the festival was visiting and playing with all the braves

No doubt the best Fest I've been to. Best music was in the Heritage tent, McCauley-Reed-Vidrine reunion, The Balfa gathering...Christine, Courtney, Tony...and others. Just the best.

The best part for me was jamming on the porch at the Moon. Hours of playing with some of the best people and best musicians anywhere...Bryan, Charley B., Pat and Cindy, and a bunch of new folks I met for the first time. At times I think the music was better on the front porch than the back.

If you've been thinking about a Bryan Lafleur accordion, do it now. Bryan will never be a volume builder, and word is really getting out. Jamey's new one, my 9 button, and Bryan's own new one got played to death. Lots of high praise from some great players.

Let's do it all again at Lakeview Campground for Mardi Gras.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!