Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Before The Next Teardrop Falls

Festival Acadiens Et Creoles was great, as usual, for all the reasons: Friends, Food, Music, and People-Watching, and Weather. People watching was especially good from the dance crowd. Where do those people find their clothes?

The band that impressed me the most was Ellis Vanicor & The Lacassine Playboys. It's really gratifying to see an 82-year-old man having a great time playing and singing for a crowd who appreciated him. Makes me feel like a relative kid.

Bought Ellis's 'Don't Bury Me' album that Ganey helped produce. One of the songs was one our band also does, 'I'll Be There Before The Last Teardrop Falls'. Jimmy Aguillard, bass player for the Playboys, does a verse or two in French. I looked up the French lyrics for the song and got this, which is Not what Jimmy is singing, even though it fits and makes sense, I think:

S'il vous apporte bonheur,
Puis je vous souhaite tout le meilleur.
C'est votre bonheur que les questions
La plupart de tous.

Mais s'il rompt jamais votre cœur,
Si les larmes jamais commencer,
Je serai là
Avant la larme prochaines chutes.

Je serai là
Chaque fois que vous avez besoin de moi
A vos côtés
Pour sec à l'abri
Toute larmes que vous pleurer.

Et s'il quitte jamais vous bleu,
Rappelez-vous juste - Je t'aime.
Et je serai là
Avant la larme prochaines chutes.

Je serai là
Avant la larme prochaines chutes

If anyone has the Cajun French translation for this song, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

JB

PS: Band website on Link # 1 is still under construction, but sould be up in a week or two.

Re: Before The Next Teardrop Falls

I don't have the Ellis Vanicor version, only the Johnnie Allan version, but hear it is.

Oh ca’m fait mes pleine du mal
Cette tit voir pour t’en aller
J’va reste a ton cote si jamais dit ton (dit ton?)
Et si jamais j’attend parler, il a fait une larme tomber
Moi j'sera la avant le prochaine larme va tomber

Oh it fills me with pain
to see you go away
I'll stay by your side if ever you say (not sure about that "ever you say")
And if I ever hear talk that he made a teardrop fall
I'll be there before the next teardrop falls.

Johnnie Allan say in cajun french :

Oh ça m’fait mais plein du mal,
C’est te voir après t’en aller.
J’va rester à ton coté si jamais tu tombes.
Et si jamais j’entends parler, il a fait une larme tomber?
Moi j'sera là avant la prochaine larme va tomber.

Marc.

I have the cd as well (burned from a friend of course) all songs are very well done.

I can appreciate the humor in your comment, Randy4U, but for the record, that CD is on my record label, and "burning a copy from your friend" is taking money out of my pocket. Support your local musicians, my friend.

Ganey,

You might also want to jump all over the print shop who did the "Don't Bury Me" album cover.
The order of the titles as printed on the cover does not match the order of the songs on the CD.
Not the first time that has happened, I'm sure. Didn't discover that little flub until I had ripped the CD (which I bought)onto Windows Media Player and then edited all the titles wrong, based on the cover.
Now it's kinda like putting a puzzle together to match the title to the song, but the music is still good.

Thanks to Marc for providing the French lyrics to 'Teardrop Falls'.

JB

Thanks to you too, Josh. Didn't mean to leave you out.

JB

JB I noticed that exact same thing. I went to check out the title of a song being played and it sure was not that number on my cd player. You would think a professional setup would work a little better. Burned or not burned.

"Doctor, I can't stop stealing things."
"Take these tablets for two weeks. If that doesn't work, get me a cell phone!"

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!