Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: some issues

Let the bar pay for the band. They make plenty on the drinks they charge for. In Lafayette La there are plenty of places to dance every nite of the week different bands each night and we dont have to pay to get in. Let the establishment pay the band charges.

Re: PLEASE READ: Supporting your favorite Cajun band : a Model

awesome idea!! add some politics to it and you have the CFMA!!

Got to hand it to you, Jamey.

This has been the best thread on this increasingly mundane forum for quite some time.

I would say that Christian is right... Anytime you bring 9 or 15 or 27 people together to try and accomplish something worthwhile, especially if there is $$$ involved, about 50% of those people are gonna quickly develop differing ideas from the other 50% about how things should be done, so you quickly have 13 1/2 people wanting to book the Mamou Playboys and 13 1/2 people wanting to book the Feres Michot and then arguing about what is Traditional Cajun and what is not Traditional Cajun and does a steel guitar really belong in a Cajun band and then YOU'RE the guy they're gonna blame because it was your idea in the first place to start this band deal and now the beer is too expensive and the band only played Jolie Blon once and never did play the Bayou Noir 2-step even after my wife requested it twice and how-come we don't have a crawfish boil every month and how come it cost $ 10.00 to get in now instead of $ 8.00 like it used to and why don't these bands play a little Rolling Stones every now and then.

And I wonder What Am I Doing being an Officer Again in another Friggin' 501 C 3 Music Oriented organization. Stupidity!
I know, personal problem.
Has to be love, I guess

Oh Yeah, almost forgot about the taxes aspect.....

JB

That's funny JB.About how it went with my attempt.Good idea Jamey,it will work in some places,you proved that

Funny (and sad!) JB. OMG, I can just imagine the "too many Indian chiefs and every one an expert" scenario. Luckily for me, there are at least some advantages to being the only true-blue Cajun FREAK in my area, and one of them is everyone deferring to me about all things Cajun. They know I've been the persistent (and pesky) voice in the wilderness for a long, long time. But I can easily imagine your predicament.

You know what to do with loudmouths: put'em to work. Then they can put up or shut up! They might do the former; not likely the latter. God bless you, I can only imagine what you're faced with.

More later . . .

Agreed, Christian!

I'm a bit too far off to join in, but compliments for your ideas and your positive thinking, Jamey.
That tune project was also a great idea. It made me practice more seriously and appreciate tunes I didn't like at first.

HEY !!!

Now I understand why I almost quit playing CA for such a long time!!
Time for a new tune!
C'mon Jamey!! Put me to work again!

Hmmmm, that's a good idea, Peer. But let's it make a little more challenging this time . . .

This is especially for you hot dogs out there: Jim, Bryan, Patrick, Chris, Ganey, Jim, Rusty, Big Nick, Jon Melancon (you are definitely on the list now, buddy!) and so on. I'm going to name a tune that you may have heard, but probably don't play, or at least haven't played much:

The Poullard Special by Mr. Ed Poullard.

The only officially recorded version I'm aware of is on Les Amis Creole. It will be VERY interesting to see who rises to the occasion on this one, and what they do with the tune! BTW, if you don't have it, let me know and I will e-mail you the mp3.

Let the games begin!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!