Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help with my MacPro to save a movie in iPhoto....Trying to save Poullard Special

Steve Jobs is dead MAC's are a thing of the past.

Re: Help with my MacPro to save a movie in iPhoto....Trying to save Poullard Special

Okay Maz, you're already good on the accordion, fiddle, and vocals; now you just need to learn to use your darn computer! Your video additions to this forum would be VERY valuable to the rest of us, so I'm hoping it's sooner rather than later. Alas, I know as much about Mac's as I do about ancient Babylonia, so I can't help you. My buddy Google probably can, though . . .

Can't wait to see your Poullard Special!

Maz,
You shouldn't be using iPhoto. You should use iMovie, or if it is a newer Mac, iMovie HD. Once you have recorded your video, choose the export movie function. You can choose various levels of quality. For YouTube, I usually choose CD-ROM. Export and save to your documents, then upload to YouTube.

Thanks Ganey. Somehow, I don't think I have iMovie, but I'll double-check into that tonight... Darn that means I have to record again!
Merci.

Record your video in photo booth, and drag it to the desktop. Make sure when you record in photo booth to have it flip the image automatically. After you drag the movie to desktop open in in iMovie. You will then need to export it a special way as to avoid odd frame timing, for that use this tutorial

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1296435

Thank you Buttonbox. I've managed to copy it to the desk and then trf it to the iMovie... I'll do the next step tomorrow...:-)

Hey Maz ... imagine how many times you could have played or recorded the tune during the time you spent on your Mac??
Looking forward to see your version.

Like a baby, it's coming! It's coming!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!