Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone remember ?

Anyone remember the passe par tu radio program? I am currently looking for audio of my nonc, Hub LeJeune. He was a fiddle player from Evangeline. He cut a 45 with Madeleine on one side and a waltz on the other (of course). According to my relatives he used to play regularly on that radio show, and with pretty much every musician in Evangeline. They think the name of the band was, "insert band leader name here, and the Evangeline Playboys".

None of the family I have contacted so far have the record. They all say he was really good. One other important note, he only had one ear lobe in case anyone goes asking around about him. If my memory serves me right, he probably died around 1992. any help would be appreciated !!

Re: Anyone remember ?

Christian, have you tried the archives to see if they have anything on him? You can search his name. I remember the show well, sure wich I had been recording it.

You might also try contacting the TV station. I'm sure they have all those old episodes of Passe Partout archived.

Passe Partout played on KLFY.

Another source would be Pete Bergeron at KRVS. And Cecil Fontenot at Floyd's Records in Ville Platte (Evangeline Parish).

And then start asking some of the older musicians still around..Marc and Ann Savoy would know about him. Tina Pilione at Savoy's music center did quite a bit of research of the early fiddlers in that area too.

Bonne chance, tee boy!

CharlieB

austin pitre?

https://www.google.com/search?q=Evangeline+Playboys&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-a

austin pitre?

wle

Seems Larry English got it right.

Looking at Swallow Records LP 6041 Austin Pitre and the Evangline Playboys.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!