Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Anyone used a wireless headset mic?

Yeah..many times, for dance instruction to large groups in a hall or club venue..they're great. Garth Brooks doesn't have a problem with them...or Madonna...or......
Seriously, I always used a JTS unit, I believe it was ( but I would think they'd all be similar ).....excellent range and clarity, Comfortable enough after a few wiggly adjustments .
After a couple of minutes you REALLY appreciate not being tethered to a normal mic and you start to forget you're wearing it.
The only issue I found was that if you placed the sensitive condenser mic directly in front of your mouth you'd get plenty of pops and every breath, in and out was picked up. So, you just position the mic at your chin level or below to minimise the wind rush.

I'm going to try singing with one at the next gig...a little bit of EQ adjustment should find the right sound. How warm that sound is relative to a, say, SM58, I'm not sure yet.

Always wondered about how to use a wireless mic headset if you have some terrible hooping cough or even just a cold ...

Nout

Samson Airline

When I used to teach dance, I used the Samson Airline. (The one the aerobics instructors use)

If you position the mic to the left (or right) of your mouth, you can get it close enough to avoid feedback and keep out of the "pop" area. Using the bigger foam windscreen also helps. (The one that is a little smaller than a ping pong ball)

Since the Airline does not have a beltpack, there are no wires to get in the way while dancing.

DP

get one of those old school chrome mikes and hang it from the ceiling like they used to do. That would cut out having the mic stand in your way, you would look cool cradling the chrome mic in your hand like a crooner, and you wouldn't have to wear a headset...

Headset mics always remind me of the boybands or madonna

It might be entertaining to see Madonna play a Cajun accordion...

She's done just about everything else!

And everyone else

Madonna did a hi-vis televised concert 2 or 3 years ago, and there was an accordion player. But, it was not a Cajun accordion, and she was not the one who played it.

Still, pretty cool from the standpoint of a mainstream music event giving hi-vis to the accordion.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!