Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
12 tunes of 2012

Hello all and happy 2012. I've decided to try something new this year and set up a goal list of songs that I want to learn.

I'm going to put 12 songs on a list and try to learn one a month but I need help choosing the 12. I'd like to learn 3 waltzes, 3 polkas, 3 two steps, and 3 swingy one-steps (like the Une Grosse Erreur that Jamey had in the project last year).

I've got a few ideas for the waltzes and two steps, but I need help with ideas for the polkas and swings. Any ideas out there? Anyone want to join in with their own list?

Re: 12 tunes of 2012

GREAT idea, Ehren! I'll try to cook some up for myself, and make some suggestions for yours,too. Right off the bat for swingy, I would suggest "Blues de Dix Ans" and "Le 'tit negre de Tante Dolice". "Black Top Blues" and "Hathaway 2Step" are good,too.

Hathaway 2 Step is going on there for sure. I love me some Octa Clark so Black Top Blues probably as well. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll probably have a list in the next week so I can get started.

Octa has a couple good polka-type tunes, too, I theeenk.

Yes, but I can't find it...I've found New Iberia and Joe's but nothing else. I think Greg posted a while back on this and I wonder if he or anyone found anything else? Anybody have a copy of that Octa Clark & Hector Duhon polka?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!