Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OT: Cajun Pawn Stars on History Channel

History to air 'Cajun Pawn Stars'

WF

Re: OT: Cajun Pawn Stars on History Channel

I'll admit, Wade, I am a little leary about this. The history channel has done an okay job representing Cajun culture with Swamp People with the exception of a few oddities. My concern is that they are trying to capitalize on the public's interest in the oddities. This pawn shop is a legitimate pawn shop in Alexandria,and it has been in business for a long time.

Alexandria, LA might have a few transplanted cajuns living up there but it certainly isn't cajun country.

I'm pretty sure the History Channel uses terms like "cajun", "delta", and "southern" interchangebly. I wonder if there is gonna be a "cajun" theme on the show?

I bought my first guitar from that store. Been in there many many times. They did have a Weltmeister (sp.) one time when I went. I'd definitely agree with the "there aren't many cajuns" arguement there. I only know one (Tous Les Soir Steve). Ain't that right, Jawn.

Joey Guillory
I bought my first guitar from that store. Been in there many many times. They did have a Weltmeister (sp.) one time when I went. I'd definitely agree with the "there aren't many cajuns" arguement there. I only know one (Tous Les Soir Steve). Ain't that right, Jawn.

LOL! That's the only one I know of too...

And I suppose you're gonna tell me these Cajun burritos and Cajun style pizza here in Texas isn't real Cajun.

LOL, Bryan!

Depends on who's eatin' 'em.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!