Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OT but so tasty...Boudinlink!

Thanks for the tip, Christian! I will check out Veillon's next time I am in the area.

Charlie T's in Breaux Bridge is the choice of New Orleans Chef, Scott Boswell, who won't use another source. Tim Reed of Ville Platte assured me that Guillory's in Pine Prairie is easily the best.

I'll bet you can get as many choices as there are forum members!

Guillory's used to be good, but since Mr. Guillory doesn't work in the store anymore, it ain't the link it used to be.

Christian, it's a known fact, in La., gas stations have the best food.

Best food in gas stations

Bryan, it's funny you say that, when we drove down to LA last October, my parents and I stoped at a gas station somewhere in Mississipi of the beaten path. We decided to have some fried food (chicken, fish, dried tomatoes - we tasted everything) and it was the best fried food I ever had!

La Boucanière in Lafayette, and Billeaud's around Breax Bridge. They're both delicious. But I'm sure there's plenty others.

How about a Boudin recipe?

While we're on the subject, does anyone have a recipe for their favorite Boudin? i'd love to try to make some one day...
Maz

Re: How about a Boudin recipe?

Oh ho ho! Now, you've done it. Probably as close as you can come to asking about the favorite accordion.

John in Oregon

Re: How about a Boudin recipe?

One positive note: Jr. Martin doesn't sell boudin, so we won't have to hear that again.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!