Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fiddler looking to Jam in New Oleans area

Hey y'all,

I'm a fiddler living in the New Orleans area (St. Charles Parish), and looking to find some good jams around the area. My work is sporadic so I'm not always around, but would love to find a good group to jam with.

I'm willing to travel as far as I need to, and play all types of stuff; Cajun, Old Time, and lastly Bluegrass.

Thanks!

Greg

Re: Fiddler looking to Jam in New Oleans area

There's one in Thibodeaux at the Jean Lafitte center.
I thought it is on Monday and saturday morining ?

Link#2

Hey greg,

I'm not sure, but are you the same Greg I knew that lived in ruston for a bit? If so, this is Ted!

Anyways, I would hit up Brandon Moreau who plays at the Tropical Isle bayou club almost everynight. He could put you in the right direction for nola jams.

www.brandonmoreaumusic.com

or make that ride to Thibodaux!

Drew Brees has some time off for awhile, thanks to the Niners. Maybe he can jam.

Hey Greg ! We sometimes get together here in Baton Rouge and belt out some tunes. Here's my number call me if you have time.

p.s. There's a jam in Slidell that does cajun and also other types of music as well

(225) 810-2977

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!