Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A vid of 5 Acadians played back to back

You have made Marc a happy rich man

Peer, you hit the nail on the head. Marc has made some improvements in the past couple years, that are undeniable. It is the easiest accordion to play. It practically plays itself.

Nice work, Jim. This is a very interesting presentation. I gotta go with Peer, that Eb box has such a vibrant resonance. Next question, is who's playing what in Eb?

P.S. Your Choupique really rocks.

Dole only plays his songs nowdays in Bb and in Eb as well...

I like the C with Salpas the best. Nice clean sound! In another video really like the Elton Doucet with Hohners.

I like playing and singing in B Jim its a good key for my voice. I just tune my fiddle down a half step, from an already tuned down whole step. If that makes sense. The boxes sound great by the way, by just like any instrument, its just a tool. It wouldn't sound like anything if you didnt pick them up and rock your balls off with them !

Thanks for the post, real nice my favorite was the D. But also like the second C. Let us here the B when you get it. Nice playing Jim.

That's it now, I'll be humming Choupique all night!

cheers ya'll, thanks.

Ned- thanks man... Actually the fiddle sounds really sweet tuned up to Eb too. My friend Trent and I made a vid with the Eb accordion and his fiddle tuned up.

Christian- Is the intonation still good with fiddle down to B? I bet it's got a nice dark tone. As for Choupique, they are probably the worst versions of I've ever done, on vid. I wasn't concerned as much about accuracy in this vid. I was in a race with the camera battery, so I rushed through sloppily

TJ- Yeah man, I love that C with Salpas. I'm glad I bought it when I had the chance. Semi-vintage and with Salpas is hard to turn up. I'm thinking about lightly wet tuning it.

Dano- Me too brother, that D is one of my favorite accordions of all time. I played the crap out of it, and recently got new bellows on it. It's like a dream, that accordion. Marc put a note with it, saying he thought it was the best accordion he ever made, and there are two great players that echoed that notion after they tried it. Jason Frey and Paul Daigle. It's heart warming that a student of his Augusta class said he couldn't stop talking about it the next day.

my fiddle sounds good tuned to the "B" tuning. I've heard others play it this way as well. Linzay Young and Joel Savoy play Grand Tasso tuned like that on the self-titled Red Stick Ramblers album, and it real good

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!