Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: cajun painting

Oh yeah, .. Schlanger .. he, he .. that's what is was.
Thanks Ganey, memory is the second thing to go!

Tor: void(0)? Javascript or C++?

--Big

Maybe you could contact Vincent Darby - Website Link #1. I have bought several pieces from him. I first met at at a CFMA function years ago. He did thier festival poster for a while.

Tor, check with Mitch Reed, I took some fiddle lessons with him and there was a woman named Susan Kiefer there with us-I think that was her name. Anyway she did some pretty good paintings of Wayne Perry, Canray Fontenot and some others. Its would be worth a shot, Mitch is on facebook, send him a message, Im sure he remembers her.

Thanks Toby

I will contact him. Are you still doing good in Erath across the road from DL?

Doing good Tor, but I moved to Wright about a year ago, really enjoy it there.Thanks for asking

Thanks Leo

I will contact him

tor

Hello Tor, on Google Images I have discovered someone who does some extraordinary artwork. Her name is Sue Duda, and one of her themes seems to be American roots music styles.
Her technique is called batik, which is a kind of printing on textile fabric. Very handy: easy shipping because foldable.
I really like very much what she does. Very lively colors. One of them is a Cajun accordion, see #2, and for much more, see #3. Bonne chance!

I just remembered that I forgot ..

"Howard Rains"

You can find him easily on Facebook and probably
Google.

Some very interesting works :-)

--BN

Re: I just remembered that I forgot ..

When I was at the art fair as part of the Festivals Acadiens & Créoles last October, I saw some real neat paintings there. Some of them that attracted my attention were kind of folk art featuring front porch Creole parties with a fiddler, accordeonist and dancer, and the same idea with Cajun. You could probably find some contacts through the Festivals Acadiens organizers or perhaps their website...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!