Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Balfa Camp 2012 - restart

The original thread got derailed, so I'll restart it.

I just went ahead and coughed up for Balfa camp. Now to get the airline tickets. (smoking hole in wallet)

I'll actually get the chance to play along with folks. What a change that will be.

Who all else will be going? It will be great to put faces with the names from the list.

John in Oregon

Re: Balfa Camp 2012 - restart

I'm there, good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise!

I'm not signing up for any classes but I'm going to being hanging out.

wait a minute... you can go and just hang out without signing up for classes, or paying any fees? if so that sounds brilliant, and I will probably show up with fiddle in hand

Yeah Christian, come for the weekend at least! As long as you don't stay in the dorms or eat at the kitchen. The festival on the weekend has an admission fee, as do the dances every night, but you don't have to pay for the regular Camp if you're not taking classes or going to the presentations. Let's jam!

I'll be using my moms (horse trailer/camper combo) and will be in campsite 5. I hope folks will come by to visit.

John in Oregon

Really JohnA? Are you bringing that all the way from the West Coast? Man, save yourself some trouble and stay in the dorms - you'll have a LOT more fun, and it only costs a little bit more.

Haha.. naw.. my mother lives just a little ways north of Alexandria. I'll be flying into Shreveport and we'll tow her trailer on down.

When you stay in dorms, there is always someone with sleep apnea. I'm a light sleeper and ear plugs are problematic for me. I'll be a lot happier with my own place in which to sleep. Assuming I take a break from playing at some point.

John in Oregon

I'm hoping to make it there for the weekend festival to hang out.

I will probably be there visiting also.

Glad to hear you're coming, Joey!

I'm going to do my best to be there for the whole week this time.

I'm coming to keep Jamey in line and to see the French girls we hung out with last year.Do you remember last year,Big Nick?

Hot dang, I almost forgot about them!
Yes, I remember .. they was firecrackers!

--bn

Yup, and they sure lit my fuse! I guess you could say they knew how to rocket . . .

**** I really need to get in on this thing. I guess its worth the money if you get some mouth treats from a couple of french hotties

Hell, Christian, I've seen you work with beginners, in addition to the level your playing has gotten, I think you need to get in as an instructor.

I always try to go for the Heritage day, but a gig kept me from going, last year. As of now, I don't have anything booked that day, so we will see.

Cool, Ganey and Christian! I hope to see y'all there.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!