Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Scott Playboy Special

Chris,

Absolutely wonderful .. Challenging but not show-off-y,
smooth, precise and nice use of dynamics.

I can hear the rhythm pulsing

Thanks for taking the time to post and share with us.

--bn

Hey Chris,
Hat off to ya. You are a monster on the accordion!
You should probably do a slow version too for us to pick up some nuances. thanks....
Kirk

Hello everybody. Thanks for all the kind comments...but I have been playIng this contraption for longer than most folks here. I don't get a chance to post much here anymore but wanted to say thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed Peer's analysis! But I don't know if I would say I'm the master! Kirk-I figured everyone had some slowdowner and could use this vid but if/when I have a moment, I'll try to post a slow version and or something about the F position. I've enjoyed everyone's versions so far--I figured more would try, though!

Hey, I'm more or less ready, just haven't had free time to record. 'Course, I might have to do 57 takes . . .

And I know there are a couple more coming in . . .

Okay, here's mine. And I did it in one "take" instead of 57; not that it wouldn't have benefited from a few more tries - I'm just scared Momma will come home and catch me not at work! So y'all will have to live with the flubs . . . but then, you ought to be used to them by now . . .

Nice job, Jamey. You are an inspiration.

Leave the 57 varieties to Heinz ...
I like this one.

Cool Jamey, you got it. I'm going to keep working on it too and check out the different versions.
I'll think I'll do it in the different key too and segue back and forth like Big did. It's pretty nice.
k

Chris, "analysis" is a big word, it's just a statement.
But when I say "master" I mean what I say. You seldom meet somebody who can really play AND really teach (even online!). Most times it's one or the other.
It's always great fun to hear your versions. There's always a certain swing to them that's hard to capture.
By me anyway! Keep 'em comin' !!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!