Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Louisiana Gigs Guide

I was looking on-line at the Eunice newspaper with details of Mardi Gras events :

http://www.eunicetoday.com/pages/mardi_gras

..and it reminded me about the last timne we were in and around Eunice LA , we bought a newspaper ( can't recall which one ) which contained a comprehensive gig guide for bands playing in the St. Landry and adjacent Parishes.
We used it to plan out our day and night gigs and meant we were able to cram in gigs from Joe Hall, Geno D., Jeffrey Broussard, Steve Riley, etc etc...a fantastic resource for getting around efficiently to these gigs.

Does anyone know of that gig guide, or any other gig guide, and if it's available on-line.? I can't seem to find it in the Eunice newspaper on-line web site.

Re: Louisiana Gigs Guide

Try this link it's in the Time of Acadiana

Try The Patsy Report. Its online and very complete!
See website Link #1

The problem with the Times of Acadiana and the Independent is that a lot of establishments are not listed. The Patsy Report is the best I've found to keep up with what cajun and zydeco bands are playing in the area.

Darryl,
The Independent, an independent publication in the Lafayette area, publishes "The Grid" every week on Wednesdays, but it doesn't appear to be updated at this time.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!