Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Be who you is

Whatever you are, be that.

Don't slant it one way or the other based on what will sell the most.

Re: Cd topic foreveryone

Big Nick
... the most effective marketing tools that you can use is touring and performing ....
Or just paint it red ... a red Porsche, E-Type, Mustang or Ferrari is worth twice as much, especially second hand ... Proof, and a must have for me:

- Nout

One of my favorite recordings! I like Tracy's chanky-chank!

If you want to run with the hare and hunt with the hound record all styles you can play.
There are a lot of cd's that have included more styles.
Friday at Last/Steve Riley, Racines, California Cajun orchestra, Pine Leaf Boys.....
You can find traditional, modern, zydeco,...... on this cd's.
I love the taditional way, but I'm not running away for the more heavy styles in C&Z

I agree with Dave. Be who you are. Stick to your style and play it well. Have some one video one of your gigs. Especially one where you really get the crowd going. Post it on YouTube. That can go a long way for you. I also like Nick's idea of having an attractive young lady walk around selling CDs at the club you are playing at. You might also want to get in good with some radio people who will play your CD on the air. This method was very effective for a polka band I played with in the 70s. We were friendly with several radio personalities in the Boston area and they were only too happy to play our first recording. We sold out in a fairly short time. One last thing. Make sure your recording is tight with good quality mixing. You could be the best band out there, but a poorly produced recording will hurt you bad. A slick, well produced recording will do wonders for your band and it will sell on its own merit. Good luck Brave.

its just Cajun music. Chances are you won't be goin platinum. Do whatever you want. My experience is that if a person really likes the way we were performing they ask for a card or a cd. They want to hear more of you either way. Good luck !! Hook us up with a preview when you get an idea of where you want to go with the cd. Have a great evening

Speaking of CD's how did Gainey's cd project go? Did he get enough contributions to pull it off???

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!