Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 9 button bon cajun

Smart sellers have family members bid the price up to as close to the reserve price as possible so that the next bid puts it over the reserve price thus making the sale a good one

It's a real beauty. Which button is eliminated to make it 9 buttons? The thing I found out with Ebay is that there are robo programs set to bump up the bid at the last 3 seconds so that no one can beat it. I was high bidder for a Bon Temps by Jude Moreau in C. I sat and watched the clock tick down and right at 3 seconds, the bid jumped by almost $300. Buying on Ebay is tricky at best and I think you are better off dealing with a seller directly. Like some one from our group or an accordion builder or dealer.

The button eliminated is the one used the least, the very top one. 9 button accordions are typically louder, and use more bellows movement when playing (seems like using more air). Still don't completely understand why they're louder, but the extra bellows movement is because there's less air in the smaller bellows.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!