Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I need a map.....

The answer just occured to me. Remove those notes (reeds) that make those jazzy chords and cork the valves, so to speak...

Anyone got a map of the bass side??

Re: I need a map.....

This is a standard 120 bass layout. Website #2.
Is this what you were looking for?

Hey Peer :) I wasn't talking about locations of buttons. I meant where the reeds sit inside

these *******s are a maze inside the bass box

There would be no less notes(ie reeds) if you took out the dim and seventh bass rows. Those chords are all made by combinations of the 12 notes. The bass section has five/4 sets of one octave 12 notes double reeded plates. You would save the button weight and the weight of the rods that's it.

student accordions and lady accordions sometimes do this...

student accordions and lady accordions sometimes do this...

to save weight and cost

it won;t be a 3 or 4 reed with a lot of switches though

usually it is 2 reed accordions

sometimes with fewer notes on the treble side

and a 'lady accordion' may also have narrower keys

wle

Piano Accordion Innovation

I have a German two reed 80 bass (5 rows x 16, no diminshed notes)and it weighs only about 12 lbs. I also play a Baffetti three row. the three row bass side is very useful and tho it is only has the trad 12 bass, it covers most of my objectives. That said, the piano accordions can be bot as 12, 24, 48, 60 bass. But, in order to get the precious E, Em, or B notes you have to get +48. contact accordionheaven.com or baldoni.com and see if they have some odd-ball configurations. I would be interested in seeing a 3-reed 34 key piano accordion with a 24 bass that has an E chord, both major and minor. For those of you who seeking orientation and comparison to a cajun 1-row: a 12 bass piano accordion has these 6 root notes (from low to hi): Bb,F,C,G,D,A and their counter bass chord, making a total of 12 buttons. However, I have never seen a three-reed 12 bass. But I am sure they are some where. or maybe you can build one with a three row left hand and a piano right hand. I believe the Russian 6-row accomplishes this as much in its chromatic configuration but, no keyboard. Sounds like total reinvention so, maybe a solution for the programmable FR-18 and see if your idea is workable.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!