Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: You can tell I'm not from around here

Hello Nedro,

At the risk of sounding patronizing, would it be
possible for you to record a clip of what you're
playing and post it somewhere for reviewing?

There are some top-shelf players that visit this
forum on occasion. Perhaps they could offer some
constructive/prescriptive criticism that would help
you to achieve your goal

Best of luck in your studies!

--BN

Re: You can tell I'm not from around here (i can help)

hey nedro. Those secrets your talking about arent told as easy as just asking. I (15 years experience on cajun accordian aka "top shelf") can help you out. I have taught a couple of people to play in the past and its been great, I enjoy helping, teaching, and learning also. Just email me when your ready.

Nedro, Have you used any instructional DVDs. I know the frustration of being self taught without an instructor. I highly recommend Big Nick's DVDs. Start with vol 1 even though you have eight months playing. You may have missed some techniques. Big Nick is an excellent teacher. I've been playing for a while and started with Vol 1. I recently started on Vol 3. If he ever comes out with Vol 4 I'll buy it in a New York minute. If possible, try to go to a dance and talk to the accordionist. You may have to make an over night trip as I did once. It will be well worth the trip. Good luck and keep squeezin'.

Why on earth go to Augusta when you can go to Balfa Camp? It's coming up, and it's just 4 hours or so down the road from you!

See you there . . .

Thanks for the input, guys! I'm following Jamey's advice and heading for Balfa Camp.

ok nedro good luck with that

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!