Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: transfers by chris king.. who is that?

Chris King posted a message on this Board early last year about the way that he masters old 78s. He is truly a master. In his post , he talked primarily about he improved the sound quality on his recording of the complete recordings of Amade Ardoin that Tompkins Square released last year. It was fascinating.

He has mastered a lot of recordings over the years and been npominated for several Grammies for his work, including the Bear family releases of the complete Bristol Sessions, also released last year.

He also collects old Cajun 78 recordings and works with David Freeman, the owner of County and Rebel Records. That work includes doing a lot with David Freeman's auctions of old LPs, 78s, 45s and even CDs.

Chris was also at Augusta last year taking fiddle classes. He's a very nice person and a true expert at remastering old recordings.

If you go back to look at his previous posts on this Board, I think that you will find it quite interesting, particularly the part where he talks about where the sound is in the grooves of the old 78s.

Jack Bond

Re: Cajun rare and authentic CD set

Great box with funny things like a real cajun-art-whistler. on CD C and some yodeling.

Nout when you get your legal copy burn me one and send it. We dont want those record companies getting to much off us working stiffs.

I'm too scared, JLM will shoot me on sight ...

PS

Jack Bond
Chris King posted a message on this Board early last year about the way that he masters old 78s. He is truly a master. .... Jack Bond

True, i listened to a few demo's posted somewhere, great sound ....

- Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!