Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Learning how to play

Ive been having my accordion for a while now and the only full songs I can play are the backdoor and the mardi gras dance. I know theres alot of videos on youtube. But maybe you guy can put up a few easier songs for people like me. maybe more lessons or playing the song without doubles and octaves.

maybe point me in the direction of some easy ones on youtube would help too

Re: Learning how to play

Get Big Nicks DVD's ?? - Nout

Look up Chris Miller's lessons on The Love Bridge Waltz on Youtube. He goes through it slowly and methodically.

I strongly recommend Big Nick's DVD series. Start with Vol 1. In it is the Wafus two step. A simple easy tune to start with. He will also get you started right away with using the bass hand. Nick is a great teacher and you will quickly master the songs he teaches. I started with Vol 1 and I am now in Vol 3. You can also get further tips on his Box Lessons web site. Also, try to attend Cajun dances and talk to the accordion player. You can get great tips from some one who is playing professionally. Good luck and keep squeezin'.

Post us a copy of you playing the Backdoor would love to hear it!!!!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!