Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keith Frank ?

I may be confused but I see booking dates for KF this year , refer www.keithfrank.com.
Wasn't it just last year that he announced he was giving the music performance 'game' away ie. retiring, or is his return short lived?
Great news if he's not retiring....he's a super talented musician all the way from composing to instrumentation to performance.
I was looking at his video clip of the 'Dreams come Alive' song...lousy sound quality but the song has THAT toe tap get up n dance feel to it.

Re: Keith Frank ?

He did, but the response to his announcement was so great that before he could even think about retiring, he started up again. He has done well for himself, but I honestly don't see how he could. I mean, he has a chemical engineering degree, and could easily go to work at one of our local refineries, but his entire family depends on that income. I believe his sister, Jennifer is currently in graduate school at LSU.

He also just released a new CD, this week, that is a throw back to old school Zydeco.

Re: Keith Frank ?

OK..thanx....I sorta figured there was that 'breadwinner' and possibly ' caretaker' role he had/has with the Frank family .
Been to plenty of his gigs, but I met him in Eunice once at a Mardi Gras event...nice quietly spoken guy. I was intrigued at the way he set up the band so that all of the PA stuff was at his immediate right hand side fingertips, and he constantly twiddled and adjusted the settings...and shot out the occasional look at band members to let them know who was in charge.
Me-thinks Keith is a leader of men !..he's a hell of a drummer and gittar player too from what I saw and heard.

BTW Ganey, that question you asked way back...that Aussie organisation is a bit of an enigma . I'd say the East Coast folk may have a better idea but I don't have connections there. Good looking web site but the name is never heard in the industry here, or on radio/TV/press etc. etc. Ray Abshire has played Australia..Steve Riley, Sean Ardoin, Dirk Powell, Christine Balfa I think, too...they may know?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!