Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drum Machine Tip

Just tonight I practiced some lead/rhythm guitar and accordion sections that I was having a little trouble with.

I was sort of getting things right, but not really smooth or tight enough, so, I set my old Boss Dr. Rhythm DR-550 Drum Machine going to a suitable pattern and tempo, and , despite the fact that I have a fairly highly developed sense of rhythm, this drum beat REALLY got me working a LOT better and got me playing like I had a couple of friends in the room playing along through my gigging PA system.

I can't stress how good that drum beat is for working up your technique and speed....somehow, it sort of forces your hand and you don't want to fall out with the beat..you know, like 'that machine isn't gonna beat me' attitude!!
I know now that I could play the pieces at a gig, no problem ..I'm sort of programmed now !!

If you haven't got a drum/rhythm unit available in some form or another, do yourself a favour and go buy one on-line or where-ver.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!