Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
I can help, but you need skype and a webcam

Skype is free, webcam is inexpensive. The flapper is a little, or a lot out of alignment. It is easy to fix, but I need to walk you through it. It takes very slight movements of the flapper to get it back

Re: Noise coming out of number 8 Flap.

Bill, I have had similar dealings with the evil UPS. They seem to take great pride in the amount of damage they can inflict on packages with total impunity. I got screwed out of $800 in damages on an instrument they damaged a few years ago. I even took them to small claims court but I lost. They have it all wrapped up in their favor. They are sooooooo arrogant. I now use Fedex or the Post Office. I have shipped accordions localy by Fedex and had no problems. I also shipped overseas to Europe via the Post Office. It arrived in good shape with no damage at all at half the rate of Fedex. Also if I may suggest, use plenty of bubble wrap around the accordion in its case. That will stabilize it during shipment. Good luck.

I agree, if i can i'd avoid UPS. Fedex is not very cheap, same with UPS, but they where always very helpful in solving problems on three shipping versus damage counts i had over several years sofar, all resulting in me smiling yet again towards their ever so helpful client servivces and after sales affairs dept. Call me biased, but i am by experience. USPS economy (priority) shipping some times ends up with delays and lost tracking numbers, and also with insurance options not sufficient enough as with stuff coming from the USA. Besides overseas shipping takes sometimes even six weeks, but i must say it seems reliable anough at half the costs. Dana, your Gabinelli buyer seems very happy with it by the way i heard. - Nout

It's better for noise to be coming out of number 8 Flap than engine number 2.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!