Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: fr-18 and midi recording software

Did you RTFM? Using the right cable?

It ain't rocket surgery.

Re: fr-18 and midi recording software

Using a USB cable. Yes, RTFM.

I think there's something up with my computer. Said it could see the FR-18, but not open it.

Re: fr-18 midi vs. USB

One would assume you might want to use the MIDI cable into the MIDI input on the FR-18...

I think the USB port on the FR-18 is designed to receive a memory stick to transfer keyboard setups and other customization tweaks. Pretty sure you want to use the FR-19's midi out with an appropriate cable into your computer's sound card or other hosted midi in to trigger recording software. I think you'll end up running the software synth in that computer program, using the FR-18 as the input device (controller). I tried it once with Reason, and it worked as a midi controller with that type of setup.

Boy, dat dam dere midi woik lahk a chahm when you use de rat cable. Dat Cox cable and diddly.

I might try that next, but the manual says either the midi or the USB will accomplish the same thing.

Given that insight, I just RTFM again, and I think I was the victim of my perpetual skimming when I read. I'll try the MIDI cable. I thought they did the same thing, even after skimming several times.

I'll give further progress on how effing witless I can be.

Holy horsefeathers. Are you guys rambling on about Cajun music pumped off through some digital cables and junk?!

It rally j'aint ceux compleucated....

Make music not technical support issues (my wife always said). Okay, so she said LOVE was like music. Zat count?

Midi. Bassi. Trebli... That's how we see it down in Houma.

I'm from Houma. How long you been there? how old are you? what high school did you go to? Just wondering if we ran in the same crowds.

Knowing your real name might be useful in figuring too.

Sorry I meant "they" and not "we". My computer auto corrects if I type "te" it inserts "we" and I probably forgot the "h" in "they" so it saw it as "we" and not what it should've inserted which was "they". I helped run food stand at the Shrimp and Petrol Fest in Morgan City once. Met this dude from there named Faryl Dupuis. Funniest SOB I ever met in my life.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!