Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beausoleil's accordionist

Hey braves,

Please can you give me the name of the Beausoleil band 's accordionist?

He is really impressive! In all the records I can have heard from this band, the accordion is often discreet (I guess fiddles are the main instruments in this band), but he is really good. he is fast and clean while playing the melody, with lots of ornaments! great player, I want to listen to more from him!

thanks,

Greg

Re: Beausoleil's accordionist

Jimmy Breaux?

Check this out:
http://www.waydowninlouisiana.com/jimmy/

Grandson of Amedee Breaux.

You're right. He's really good!

You're right, it's Jimmy Breaux, and he's about as good as they come - an amazing accordionist.

Forget Beausoleil - get Jimmy's 3 cd's (if you can find them). I got mine from Floyd's in Ville Platte. They are all excellent, and I much prefer his work on them.

Yes it is Jimmy Breaux. I take lessons from him. He is as good a teacher as he is a player. Check out the Jimmy Breaux and friends album. Great songs and great playing.

He used to work for U-Haul in Lafayette but no longer. He does teach many new accordion players and from what I know does a great job at it.

J Breaux is a very fine accordeon player and at the top of my favorites list. He is a very good 3 row player as well.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!