Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New Acadian in B

thanks ya'll, it is a great accordion; video to come soon!

I'll have to get a better photo of the interior of bellows. They're gold with black corners

Very Nice! Did he use C reeds tuned down or Bb tuned up? A lot of alternative bands tune their guitars down 1/2 step. Is it easier to sing in B natural?

Bryan almost shot me asking for his opinion on my thoughts about tuning an existing Binci set in Eb down to D with added solder to the reed tips .... Seems not done. NO kidding, Binci makes them reeds in any key you wish. They make reeds for a lot of accordion types, and one row melodeons are just a very small part of that business i guess. - Nout

Unless one needs to replace a reed, and only has one that is a key above, or below, then okay... even then the note will sound thin. A whole set... forget about it.

Those were naturally in B natural

While I doubt it would ever be encouraged, and the results would vary from key to key, it can be done with some pretty amazing results. Check out Walter Moutons B flat.

Randy Falcon took a set of C reeds and filed them down to B flat. I figured it might have just been a one hit wonder but then when I asked Randy about it he pulled out his very own personal B flat with a set of C reeds filed down to B flat. Sounded just as good, if not better, than Walters.

John

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!