Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Balfa Camp questions

Be safe bring lots of bug spray these la skeeters will eat you alive. Cell phone your in the friggin woods middle of crap land good luck with cell.

Get up on the little rise above the lake cabins and your phone will work. I called a bunch of people daily. No problems.

There is an open bar every night at the tent dances, serving basic whiskey cocktails and beer for a reasonable price. You can get trashed for $ 10.00 a night. I did.

The park allows booze in the cabins and camp-grounds, or at least they did last year.

There were no mosquitos last year, or any other kind of bugs, for that matter. No one got eaten alive, not even the Brits. Never opened the can of OFF. The weather was great, as it should be this year, as well..

It's not in the middle of "crap-land". It's a State Park with lots of tall trees. Very nice, green. place.

If you really don't have a clue, Randy, why do you always have to chime in with some off-the-cuff-BS.
Never mind; I really don't want to know.

JB

I figured out who Randy is . . . he is Earl Hickey's mentally challenged brother on the TV program My Name Is Earl. Right? . . . Balfa Camp is heaven on earth if you know how to appreciate the experience.

Re: Balfa Camp questions JB.yur killin' me and Jamey, Man!

OK Nedro...JB busted me and Jamey.... You will NOT be crashing in on anything unless you have too many libations and trip on a tree root and crash into something. I have been camping at Chicot for 35 years now and I never get over how great the place is...and with the Balfa camp,it incredibly gets even better. Prepare to be blown away!!
CharlieB.

I'll second that that, Charlie. Me and the missus are really sick not to be there after attending the last two years.( JB's right - the bugs never bothered us Brits.)

We're really going to miss all the good friends we made there. We're also going to miss those great local beers every night at the bar. Have one (or two) for me, Nedro. You'll be back.

BJ

BJ...

See ya next year! then...

Well, here's hoping.

On the subject of liquid refreshment, they were trialing Jack Daniels with honey in Louisiana last year. Is it still on sale? Of course, I only drank it for medicinal purposes, to ease the throat when singing. My throat has never been so eased.

BJ

JB I do live in this area my brother in law lives two miles from there and I know its crap land. So dont tell me what to say or type your in the middle of no friggin where.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!