Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any word from Balfa Camp?

Hi Braves,

Any feedback from Balfa camp?

I'm sure that someone there is having a good time!

--bn

Re: Any word from Balfa Camp?

Had a great time over the weekend and enjoyed getting to meet a lot of the folks from the forum. Wish I could have stayed all week.
Good music as well.
Chuck from Kentucky

I had to leave Tuesday. Sorry I couldn't catch McCauley & Co. tonight, but got to see and meet some great performers.

Saturday afternoon small jam had Jonno butting heads with the French kid (name unknown) who plays fiddle and accordion. Sunday nite small jam with Riley, Poullard, Blake Miller, and later McCauley was a trip! Courtboullion was great last night, followed by the late night jam with Blake, Al Berard, and a host of others.

Low point: Last night with the jam going on-and-on-and-on, about 1:30 I opted for the motel in Ville Platte. Unfortunately the park gate was locked when I got to the main entrance/exit, so I went back to the parking area and slept (or tried to) in my car. It was cold and miserable. I got out at 5:00 am.

I have a couple of good iPhone jam videos of Sat PM, but I can't post today. Will catch up, but headed for Intl and Jazz Fest whirlwind trip.

Nick: I was getting the accordion raffle pitch from Larry Miller, and I looked down and the top ticket in the "sold" stack had your name on it! Knowing that you had begged off, I asked where you were, and Larry said he had just returned from MN. Sorry, but I'm pretty sure mine will trump yours. ;)

lock?

Nedro,

I thought that they used to give out the combination to
the gate lock so that you can come & go at all hours?

--bn

Re: lock?

Big
Nedro,

I thought that they used to give out the combination to
the gate lock so that you can come & go at all hours?

--bn

They do for registered guest. All Nerdo would have had to do was ask a guest staying there for the combination.

Dammit, Jon! Where are you when I need you? :)

Nedro
Dammit, Jon! Where are you when I need you? :)
Probably passed out, sleeping in my truck!

If anyone post videos of some of Balfa Camp events on youtube, please let us know. Thanks.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!