Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Roland FR-18 is working for exactly the reason I bought it

Does running your accordion output through a DI box then to the amp help?..might be a ground effect issue?

We have a mando player with an internal pick up fitted to the instrument, who plays through an LR Baggs FX and a DI unit but he still gets a buzz....and our electric bass player still gets a hummm from his Fender...very annoying but can't seem to stop it.

I think a lot of it is just stuff that happens when you gig...the various venues emit variable interferences....or so the electronic geeks tell me. Unless the buzz is way outa control I say just get on with it, pump up the volume and entertain the punters!

The only time I can see it being an issue is in the recording studio..but those engineering guys have ways and means of fixing that.

It's not the hum of line interference. It just seems like something else, like an artificial waveform.

It could be a number of factors. I'd have to hear more of them being played live (hey Dana, when's your next gig?).

Ok, here's part of the problem. I haven't recently gone through all the sets on the instrument. I was just using the set that is in place when you fire up the machine. I was using the third button, pressed twice, to red, and it is not so great. some of the others sound pretty smooth.

I only dial it up to where it clips a little, then I back it down a bit.

Through the headphones it sounds ok enough. through my mixer, no effects, and then into my Eon 15, I can detect some graininess.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!