Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
3-stop Eagle in G

Just picked up this OLD 3-stop Eagle in G. Wanted to try playing some tunes in G. Everything works and in tune (verified by phone before purchase). Still, I took the bass cabinet off to look inside. No restoration needed. Both hasps broken off, but who cares. Only had to replace the thumb and bass strap with some "period correct" parts I had from other old German boxes. I dig the reddish color and "tiger stripes." Really neat old accordion.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: 3-stop Eagle in G

Hows it play? I love old instruments, this is a fine example of why. Beautiful accordion

Christian,
Thanks! It's a keeper. It plays **** fine...........in someone else's hands!

Excellent find! How / where did you obtain? Nice looking

agree, great shape. Seems I remember some of the Eagles used one large brass plate that all the reeds were mounted on, instead of individual reed plates. Is this one like this?

Hey, thanks, Bud!
It doesn't look like brass, but the reeds are on plates, not individual reed blocks. Check it out.
Photobucket

Looks like brass reeds on a zinc plate.

Busker?
I found this one during a swamp tour down on bayou Teche. It was sitting up in the crook of an old tree.......Naw, found it on Flea-bay.

Cool box, love the grain painting

Those old zinc plates with brass reeds have a great sound

I think so, too. The older, the better.

post a vid playing it. If you're too faint hearted, get someone else to play it. Want to hear the sound.

Ha! There's only 1 or two other people in the whole city of San Diego that know how to hold a single row 10 button! I'll get something for you ASAP.
Tim

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!